The Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy (AEEE) is an industry association created with the help of USAID ECO-III Project for the specific purpose of facilitating collaboration among India’s energy efficiency (EE) industries and service providers, enabling them to come together as the policy research and advocacy organization that supports the government’s energy conservation and EE policy implementation, market development, and implementation of EE improvements in all sectors of India’s economy. The AEEE is registered as a society under the Societies Registration Act (1860).
- To unite leading companies involved in the manufacturing, distribution and installation of a variety of energy efficient products and services and serve as a policy research and advocacy organization in India
- To represent the interests of the industry sector in India’s policy arena and market economy, international institutions and regional networks
- To follow the principles of sustainable development, energy conservation, efficient use of energy resources, and global climate change mitigation
- To work towards reducing India’s energy intensity by supplementing national initiatives to safeguard national energy security and supporting climate change mitigation efforts
- Supported the formation of a new organization “Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy (AEEE)” to promote energy efficiency among industries and households. AEEE, modeled on the lines of the American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy (ACEEE) and Alliance to Save Energy (ASE), aims to save 2,000 MW in India by 2012 through promotion of energy efficiency practices.
- Drafted a report on Promoting Delivery of Energy Efficiency Services in India.
- Closely interacted with AEEE for conceiving useful activities related to (a) Training and Certification for Measurement & Verification, (b) DSM and E-M&V Capacity Building for Regulators and Utility Companies, (c) Energy Efficiency Policy Dialogue with Legislators and (d) Energy Efficiency Policy Conference.
Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy